WHAT DOES TAL LIFESTYLE MEAN?
The third and key pillar of Third Age Living is Lifestyle. Lifestyle encompasses everything we stand for, it addresses how we need to think about ageing in order to age well. Our Lifestyle offering is built on our Body Pension Model and is wide ranging from strength training, to advice on eating for your changing body’s needs to our knowledge is power workshops.
Our Lifestyle Warriors come to us not because they are necessarily unwell but simply want to be proactive or have a specific age related worry or goal in mind.
WE HELP WITH COMMON HEALTH WORRIES
Many TAL Lifestyle Warriors start working with us because they have specific concerns:
- Blood pressure
- Heart attack and stroke
- Joint pain
- Bone weakness
- Mental capacity / dementia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Poor balance
Others come to TAL because they just want to keep getting stronger as they age.
GOALS V SYSTEMS
Our Warriors initial goals are varied, here are some examples:
- Improve stamina (keeping up with their grand children!)
- Achieve weight loss (looking good for their daughters wedding)
- Improve balance (they had a fall recently)
- Maintain bone density and muscle mass (going through the menopause)
- Reduce risk of dementia (heard that exercise helps reduce risk)
However once they become a TAL Warrior they realise what they can achieve by investing in their Body Pension and want even more. They find themselves on a new and exciting journey.
We show how it is more about putting systems in place than working to one goal. A system is something that you do on a regular basis that increases your odds of success.
Goals can be overwhelming systems aren’t. For example doing something everyday no matter how tiny become a way of life and feels manageable and builds on successes. Read our blog post on No Zero Days.
As clinically trained ageing experts we understand the essential building blocks that are required to maintain strength, health and function as you age. We build these into your systems for change.
LIFESTYLE TAL WARRIOR BENEFITS
- Age specific, physio led strength studio
- Exciting motivating classes
- Nutritional advice
- Knowledge sharing
- Physiotherapist led fitness programmes
- Home assessments
- MY TAL personal portal
YOUR BODY PENSION
MANAGING YOUR BODY PENSION INVESTMENT
How we manage your investment in your BODY PENSION:
The Manager of you Body Pension - Daniel Fox (over 15 years experience in ageing):
- Places you, your changing needs and goals at the centre of everything, creating your unique system for success.
- Looks at everything as interconnected / relevant to your recovery or wellness.
- Accesses the latest clinical evidence.
- Does not accept plateaus and employs learning from the latest neuroplasticity research.
- Assesses how best to adapt on a continual basis and create processes that work for your life.
- Delivers groundbreaking Mindset and Motivational coaching as a key tool to your success.
- Draws on best in class practitioners across nutrition and other lifestyle areas.
- STRENGTH is Key and KNOWLEDGE is power - we back up our theory with evidence and believe in sharing through regular info sessions.
- Develops clinically based training programmes in our Strength Studio for physio, rehab and ongoing wellness.
In order to invest in the right way we have a rigorous process of investigation and development.
There are 3 key elements to this: AUDIT NEEDS - SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT- CULTIVATE MINDSET
Our needs are always changing as we age, so this is a dynamic process. As A TAL WARRIOR you gain access
to Systems for Success - this is a tried and tested formula that works and continues to evolve with you.
YOUR BODY PENSION
1. We assess/audit how your needs are changing:
- Mental Function
- Fitness and Strength
- Support network
- Leisure activities
2. We build the right systems based on these changes
These changes require the right Physical and Emotional Systems to be implemented.
SYSTEMS build success if they are:
- Knowledge building
- No Plateau approach
- Easy to implement
3. Cultivate the right environment for success
Systems don’t work without the right MINDSET. So at TAL we work on:
- Understanding Neuroplasticity