WHAT IS REHABILITATION?
Rehabilitation is a hands-on evidence-based treatment programme designed to increase your strength and restore optimal mobility (after illness or surgery).
Following surgery or illness many people are deemed medically fit for hospital discharge but are not always ready to return home straight away. They may require a period of rehabilitation to get them back to where they need to be.
TAL believes that full recovery requires the rebuilding of strength and confidence both physically and emotionally.
WHERE WE ARE
Our rehabilitation facilities are based in Bushey Hertfordshire but we can also provide our services at your home/care home (see our locations).
We are committed to giving you the confidence and strength to return to normal life and continue investing in ageing well. By working on both the physical and emotional aspects of recovery we achieve outstanding results.
Wherever possible we encourage good planning prior to surgery to reduce your stay in hospital and optimise your recovery time. We can help you prepare well, ensuring you have planned all elements of your post-op recovery.
REHABILITATION AT OUR PARTNER SITES
If you choose to recover at one of our partner Residential Centres you can access the following on site:
- One to one physiotheraphy
- Physiotheraphy led exercise programmes
- Consultant liaison
- First class 24hour general nursing care and support
- Fully equipped Strength Studio @ Kestrel Grove Facility (private physio led sessions)
- Five-star dining by room service or in restaurant
- Transport to and from out-patient appointments
- Private parking and unrestricted visiting hours
- Pamper treatments including hairdressing and beauty therapy
- Beautiful settings that are conducive to recovery
- Home visit prior to discharge
- Occupational Therapy Service
- Equipment advice
A GOOD PLAN
PLANNING FOR SURGERY
Planning for any surgical procedure should always involve how you will approach your recovery and set your goals:
- Likely time this will take
- Where you will be
- Who will take charge of your post op treatment
- What to expect during this period
- Know what type of exercises you will be doing
Being prepared and meeting with your physiotherapist and rehabilitation team beforehand can greatly reduce your stress and improve your recovery time. We can also help you get you as strong as possible prior to surgery. Knowing what to expect from your rehab programme really helps mentally and emotionally too.
CONDITIONS NEEDING REHAB
We see our Rehab Warriors before or after planned/ or unplanned orthopaedic procedures such as:
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Total joint reconstruction (arthroplasty)
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Knee surgery or knee replacement
- Spine surgery
- Hip replacement
- Orthopaedic trauma
- Hand surgery
We also provide specialist rehabilitation for Neurological, Lung and Heart conditions:
- Parkinsons rehabilitation
- Multiple Sclerosis rehabilitation
- Stroke rehabilitation
Lung and Heart rehabilitation:
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
PEACE OF MIND FOR EVERYONE
Returning home after a long stay in hospital can be worrying and make you feel vulnerable. This can impact us emotionally as well as physically and effect our recovery. We aim to remove these worries, providing the support you need before you even get home, so everything is in place.
Working closely with doctors, nutritionalists, nurses, occupational therapists, surgeons and equipment specialists ensuring the easiest and most conducive transition. No question is unanswered or problem unsolved leaving you to focus on your recovery.